Thursday, January 20, 2011

PRE AND POST LISTENING QUIZ IN WATCHING HOUR


WARM-UP ACTIVITY for  “Alice In Wonderland”

 

1) Look at the poster and guess the topic of the film.
2) Look at the dialogue below  the poster and try to match the characters with the
names.
Alice:It’s a calendar.
Absolem :Compendium.It tells of each and everyday since the Beginning.
The Rabbit:Today is Gribling Day in the time of the Red Queen.
Absolem:Show her the Frabjous Day.
Tweedledee and Tweedledum:Mmm. Yeah.Frabjous being the day you slay the Jabberwocky.
Alice: Sorry?Slay a what?
Tweedledum:Oh,yeah.That being you,there,with the Vorpal sword.
The Red Queen:And what is this?
Alice:From Umbradge.
The Red Queen:What happened to your clothes?
Alice :I outgrew them.I have been growing an awful lot lately. I tower over everyone in Umbradge.They laugh at me.So I have come to you,hoping you might understand what
It is like.
The Red Queen:My dear girl,anyone with a head that large is welcome in my court.
Someone find her some clothes!Use the curtains if you must,but clothe this enormous girl.
Hatter:You know what tomorrow is,don’t you?
Alice:Frabjous Day.How could I forget?Wish I’d wake up.
Hatter:Still believe this is a dream,do you?
Alice:Of course.This has all come from my own mind.
Hatter:Which would mean that I’m not real.
Alice:Afraid so.You are just a figment of my imagination.
BACK-UP ACTIVITY

A-    General Questions

  1. What kind of film is it?
  2. Who are the characters? Which one is your favorite? Why?
  3. Who is the main character? What does s/he do?
  4. Describe the characteristics of Alice?
  5. How does Alice and Hatter  meet each other?
  6. What is the name of the Red Queen’s sister?
  7. What happens in the movie?
  8. Did you like the movie? Why/ Why not?
  9. Which part did you like most? (sound quality, visual quality, soundtrack, performances, plot.. )

B)Filling the blanks with the given words below. There is ONE extra.

head – collect – slay– look – hungry – steal – love-majesty

The Queen=(Whispering) Did you _____ my tarts?
Frog=No !!
The Queen=Squimberry juice.
Frog=I was so _____ ! I didn’t mean to!
The Queen=Off with his _____ !
Frog=My family ! Oh,please,please don’t !
          No! I have little ones to _____ after!
      The Queen=Go to his house and ______ the little ones.
                          I love tadpoles on toast almost as much as I _____ caviar.
      Soldier=Yes,Your _________.
C)Who said these sentences?
1)_________:I’m sorry,Hamish.I can’t marry you.You are not the right man for me.
2)_________:Off with their heads.
3)_________:Fairfarren,Alice. Perhaps  I will see you in another life.
4)_________:No, it is my crown ! I’m the eldest!
5)_________:Wait,this is my dream.I’m going to wake up now and you’ll all disappear.
6)_________:Oh,Racie.We don’t have to fight.
7)_________:I love you,Margaret,but this is my life.I’ll decide what to do with it.
8)_________:Curiouser and Curiouser.

D) Role play the conversation below paying attention to the intonation and stress.
Absolem: Nothing was ever accomplished with tears.
Alice: Absolem.Why are you upside down?
Absolem: I have come to the end of this life.
 Alice: You’re going to die?
Absolem: Transform.
Alice: Don’t go.I need your help.I don’t know what to do.
Absolem: I can’t help you if you don’t even know who you are,stupid girl.
Alice: I’m not stupid. My name is Alice.I live in London. I have a mother named Helen
and a sister named Margaret.My father was Charles Kingsleigh. He had a vision that
stretched halfway around the world,and nothing ever stopped him.I’m his daughter.
I’m Alice Kingsleigh.
Absolem: Alice, at last. You were just as dim-witted the first time you were here.
You called it ‘Wonderland’,as I recall.
Alice: Wonderland.
E) ALICE’S SONG
Complete the sentences with the correct words and listen to the song.
                found   -   hit   -   where   -   until   -   try   -   back   -   me
Tripping out,spinning around
I’m underground
I fell down
Yeah,I fell down
I’m freaking out
________ am I now?
Upside down and I can’t stop it now
Can’t stop ________ now
I, I’ll get by
I, I’ll survive
When the world’s crashing down
When I fall and ________ the ground
I will turn myself around
Don’t you ________ to stop me
I,I wont cry
I ________ myself in Wonderland
Get _________ on my feet,the ground
Is this real?
Is it pretend?
I’ll take a stand ________ the end
(Refrain)

1 comment:

  1. hi Aveka, this is really great. Thank you for sharing the ideas with us.


    shihanath

    ReplyDelete