Sunday, January 30, 2011

WEEK 4 REFLECTION


Until now, it was the Week 4 assignments thanks to which I realized some important points. First of all, as the project homework, I understood that I could not control some students or at least I couldn’t attract their attention to my courses. While thinking and searching about it, I read an article about disruptive students and classroom activities to deal with them. One of those activities were based on “group work” activity. Thanks to this, I had to read some about group work activities in teaching different skills. When all these are combined with technology use in class, I realized the variety of possible solutions.

In technology enhanced lesson plan, I had to think a lot about how to apply it into classroom activity. For this reason, I read about “activities in teaching grammar” in Penny Ur’s book titled “A Course in Language Teaching” and “educational technology and other teaching equipment” part in the book “The Practice of English Language Teaching by Jeremy Harmer. Trying to enrich those activities in grammar instruction with videos, web-based sources and activities was very challenging and creative for me.

Last, making benefit from the web pages suggested by my friends here for reading and writing skill-building websites was very helpful. I especially want to thank Abdulla Hameed for suggesting so many links for us. I also want to thank my friends who found the site I suggested very useful. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Aveka
    Every time I teach this course, I get introduced to wonderful, new websites by the participants. Like you, I find this very inspiring.
    Robert

    ReplyDelete