Sunday, February 13, 2011

WEEK 6

Unfortunately, this week things did not go well for me. As the new semester has just started I have had much difficulty in sparing time for this week's assignment! I am so sorry for this. I think something will not be as successful as I want. But this is only for this week!!

This week, teaching to large classes was really important together with interactive powerpoint slides. First of all, teaching to large classes is a nightmare. For many teachers, after graduation from university and being sent to a school as a teacher for the first time, many teachers face with large classes as their first experience. This is such a bad situation that I still remember my teaching to a large class in my first hour of teaching life. It was really nightmare!! However this week I found some really useful techniques that work with large classes. The article by Rick Finnan and Donna Shaw explains very important issues. Think-Pair-Square, ConcepTest explanations were perfect. Additionally, just-in-time teaching using web and interactive lecturing gave me great ideas. When teaching experience combines with such concrete solutions, I know that teaching to large classes is not a problem. I think my solution in teaching to such large classes was downloading ppt slides and just read what is written there. Interactive powerpoint slide technique really helped me. Now I can realize which slides are well prepared and interactive, and which are not. Do you know what I realized? I did not use interactive methods in my slides before. This is one of the reasons why my students did not want ppt based lessons :(  It is this program I learnt many things about teaching, not only about teaching through web- but also about my own teaching skills. 


Thanks! Really!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aveka
    We all have busy and troublesome weeks. You are doing great overall, and one week where you commented or kept up less then usual is not a problem. Keep up the great work. We are almost at the finish line.
    Robert

    ReplyDelete